Student Visa

To be eligible for a student visa via the new Student Route, you must have been offered a place on a course, speak, read, write and understand English, have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the University, have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course (the amount will vary depending on your circumstances) and meet any other eligibility requirements. You will also need to show evidence that you have access to maintenance funds and evidence of funds to pay your tuition fees. 

If this money is held in your bank account, it will need to be held there for 28 days consecutive days, and you will need to provide your most recent bank statement (no older than 1-month-old). This must be an original (not photocopied) statement in English (or supplied with an official translation), supplied and stamped by your bank. If your course lasts 9 months or less, you'll need to show that you have £1,023 per month if you are outside London or £1,334.00 if you are inside London. If your course lasts longer than 9 months, you will need to show that you have a total of at least £9,207 outside London or £12,006 if you are in London.

It costs £348 for a standard application. This will take around 15 working days to process but may take longer during the peak periods of June to September. In some cases, you can pay an additional £212 if you want to use the Priority Visa Service, which will process your application in 5 working days. You cannot use this service if you have previously been refused a visa. You will also need to pay the compulsory Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) to access the NHS (National Health Service). This will be £470 per person per year or £235 for 6 months. For example, if you are studying a 3-year course, you will need to pay £1,645 to cover the 3 years of study and the additional 4 months at the end of your visa. You may be eligible to apply for an extension at the end of your course provided you can show that your studies will be at a higher academic level than your current course.


Short Term Study Visa


You can apply for a Short-term study visa to study the English language in the UK. This visa is for English language courses lasting longer than 6 months and up to 11 months. You can stay in the UK for the length of your course plus an extra 30 days as long as your stay is no longer than 11 months. It costs £186 for a Short-term study visa. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your online application. It usually costs £470.


Graduate Route


If you are in the UK currently with a visa as a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa and you have successfully completed a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree, or other eligible courses for a minimum period of time at least 12 months or the full length of your course, whichever is shorter with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa with an education provider who is licensed with a ‘track record of compliance’ you can apply for a Graduate visa. With a Graduate visa you can, work in most jobs, look for work, be self-employed, continue living in the UK with your partner and children, if they’re eligible, do voluntary work, travel abroad, and return to the UK.

This visa will last for a period of 2 years. If you have a PhD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years. You will not be permitted to extend your Graduate visa. However, you may be able to switch to a different visa, for example, a skilled worker visa. It costs £700 to apply for a Graduate visa and £1,248 for Immigration Health Surcharge for 2 years and £1,872 for 3 years, which are subject to change.


What will we do for you?


We will advise you on the specified documents required, check that they are in accordance with the Immigration Rules, prepare and submit the application on your behalf and obtain the biometric appointment for you.