Family Visa

You can apply for an entry clearance family visa to live with your, spouse or partner, fiancé, fiancée, or proposed civil partner, child, parent, relative who’ll provide long-term care for you. You can either apply to extend or for settlement in the United Kingdom to remain in the United Kingdom.


Apply as a Partner

To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over and your partner must also either be a British or Irish citizen, have settled in the UK - for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status, or proof of permanent residence, be from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and have pre-settled status - they must have started living in the UK before 1 January 2021, have a Turkish Businessperson visa or Turkish Worker visa or have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.

You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply. You must be able to prove one of the following you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognized in the UK, you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply, you are a fiancé, fiancée, or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving.

You must also provide that you have the required English Language Certificate and meet the financial requirements in order to support yourself and any dependants. You and your partner must have a combined income of at least £18,600 a year (unless you are exempt for example if your partner received certain benefits, for example, Disability Living Allowance or Carer’s Allowance where you will instead need to show adequate maintenance) if you’re applying as a partner or you want to settle in the UK (get ‘indefinite leave to remain’) within 5 years.


Caring for your child

You can apply to live in the UK to care for your qualifying child who is under the age of 18 and is either a British Citizen, has indefinite leave to remain, has EU settled status, or has lived in the UK for 7 years and it would not be reasonable for the child to leave the UK and that you have a sole or shared parental responsibility for your child. You should be aware that you must not have shared parental responsibility with your partner. If the child lives with their other parent or carer, you must have access to the child in person, as agreed with the other parent or carer, or by a court order. You must meet the English Language and the Financial requirements.


Apply as a child

You can apply for a family visa to join your parent in the UK. In order to be eligible under this category, you must, not be married, in a civil partnership, or living an independent life and be financially supported without claiming public funds. One of your parents must also be applying or have applied for a visa or to extend their permission to stay as a partner and the partner they are joining is your other parent or there are serious reasons to let you come to or stay in the UK and there are plans for your care. If you have met the Immigration rules you will be granted a 5-year route to settlement.


What will we do for you?

Applications under Appendix FM are frequently refused because the applicant has not met the financial requirements or has not submitted the specified documents under the Immigration Rules. We will ensure that the specified documents are obtained and submitted in accordance with the Immigration Rules as this will ensure that the visa is approved without the need for an appeal. We will also draft and submit the online application on your behalf as well as obtaining the biometric appointment for you